Top Breast Cancer
- February 2012 Dr. Williams is listed in Washingtonian magazine’s biennial Top Doctor issue as a leading Breast Cancer Surgeon in the Washington, DC region
- May 2011 Grand Opening of the Breast Center at the Cancer Center at Lake Manassas
- February 2011 Dr. Williams attended the first BC3 international multidisciplinary breast cancer conference with Breast Center members David Allison, MD (Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon) and Moira Sutton, MD (Breast Radiation Oncologist). This meeting was held in Washington, DC. This is the first breast cancer conference focused on the collaborative approach of breast cancer surgery, breast reconstruction and radiation oncology. We bring back this interdisciplinary approach back to our patients."
- November 2010 The Breast Center at the Cancer Center at Lake Manassas recieves full national accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. Our Breast Center met all 27 standards assessed by the NAPBC. The "Quality Measures" and associated surgical statistics evaluated by the NAPBC to achieve accreditation were all NVBS breast cancer patients. Click on "Our Quality Stats" to see these surgical statistics."
- October 2010 Washingtonian Magazine lists Dr. Williams as a Top Breast Cancer Doctor in a breast cancer related article.
- October, 2010 NVBS participated in the NAPBC accreditation site visit for “The Breast Center at the Cancer Center at Lake Manassas.” This breast center accreditation is a detailed examination at the organization and quality of care at our “Breast Center.”
- October, 2010 Dr Williams gave a community lecture at Fauquier Hospital regarding risk for breast cancer. This event included a talk by Dr. Maria Pace and by Jackie Glenn, the CCLM Patient Cancer Navigator.
- August, 2010 Dr. Williams participated and spoke at the “Rally for the Cure” golf tournament to benefit Fauquier Hospital breast cancer services. The event was sponsored and hosted by the Fauquier Springs Country Club.
- July, 2010 Dr. Williams visited and spoke at the Prince William Hospital Breast Cancer Support Group meeting. This will be the beginning of further collaboration between breast cancer survivors and those that treat this disease.
- April, 2010 Drs. Dougherty and Williams attended the annual American Society of Breast Surgeons meeting in Las Vegas. They bring this expertise and up-to-date knowledge back to our practice to assist with the care of breast patients.
- April, 2010 The Cancer Center at Lake Manassas hired Jacqueline Glenn as the areas first Breast Cancer Navigator. NVBS was instrumental in the creation of this position to assist the region’s breast cancer patients. The CCLM is a Radiation Oncology center jointly owned by Prince William Hospital and Fauquier Hospital.
- March, 2010 Dr. Williams participated as a “Celebrity Bartender” with Fauquier Hospital’s CEO, CFO and Hospital Board Chairman in a fundraiser at the Iron Bridge Restaurant in Warrenton, VA.
- February, 2010 NVBS helped coordinate the “Destination Wellness” fundraiser by the Fauquier Health Foundation and the Cherry Blossom Foundation to support the hiring of a “Breast Care Patient Navigator” for the Cancer Center at Lake Manassas. The event was held at the Iron Bridge Wine Company in Warrenton, VA and raised $4000.
- February, 2010 Drs. Williams, Dougherty and Brown were featured in a Warrenton Lifestyle Magazine feature article about the monthly Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Conference held at the Cancer Center at Lake Manassas. All NVBS patients recently diagnosed with breast cancer are discussed in this comprehensive fashion.
- July, 2009 Dr. Williams becomes the first Breast Surgeon in Virginia to obtain from the American Society of Breast Surgeons:
Certification in Breast Ultrasound
Certification in Stereotactic Breast Procedures “Mastery of Breast Surgery” quality improvement participant
- June, 2009 NVBS becomes a member of the National Consortium of Breast Centers.
- May 2009 Dr. Dougherty becomes an editor for the American Society of Breast Disease.
- January, 2009 The first breast cancer patient presented at the Multidisciplinary Breast Conference. Every newly diagnosed breast cancer patient at NVBS is presented at this conference for feedback on their planned treatment plan.
- October, 2008 NVBS organized the first meeting of the Lake Manassas Breast Cancer Alliance multidisciplinary group. This team of dedicated breast cancer surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, research coordinators and supportive staff assess each newly diagnosed breast cancer patient’s treatment plan. All of NVBS’s breast cancer patients are presented at this monthly meeting.
- May, 2008 Dr. Williams gave the keynote “Luminary Ceremony” speech at the American Cancer Society’s “Relay for Life” fundraiser. This event raised $250,000 and approximately 1,200 attended the event held at the Fauquier High School football stadium.
- Spring, 2007 Prince Williams Hospital “Perspectives” magazine features Dr. Williams in “A Patient Partnership for Breast Health.”
NVBS is a division of Drs. Farr, Wampler, Henson, Williams, Dougherty, Brown, Ltd.